January 27, 2017

Introducing Mrs. Vieira


As Mr. Vieira wrote about last week, this blog is an idea to basically be another hobby of ours. I like to write very much and he likes to talk about stuff he enjoys doing, so we might as well join both in a single thing. We were a little hesitant at talking about personal matters but we figured we should just choose wisely what to say.
We both have had some turbulent past experiences that we grew from. He already wrote briefly about his experiences and now I feel like it is my turn to do the same.
I have incredibly low self esteem and a huge lack of confidence in myself. I have always been a little fat, somewhat chubby and that made me feel undesirable since my teenage years. I was bullied when I was around 13 years old. That is a very delicate age, so many things are happening inside our minds and body. I still feel the consequences from that sometimes. This huge gap in my esteem spreads to my confidence in other areas for some infuriating unknown reason when I let my barriers down.
At the same time, I learned to show a tough front to the world, so in some ways this pretending helped me internalize some things. I consciously know I am smart and worthy of good fortune. I have learned to build up walls around my inner self so nobody can hurt me anymore. To the exterior world, I do look like a very self confident person. My husband, I believe, is the only person that I truly allow to take a peek inside. This exchange between us has helped to solve some of our issues.
If you are reading this and you feel like you connect to anything I have said, or if you need to remember yourself that things will turn out alright someday, relax. Just give yourself a break from overthinking too much. I think low self esteem is just like an addiction when it is up to the “cure”. There is no cure. Some comment here, some situation there and you will be down the hill once again. Unless you surround yourself with people that love you for who you are. Or, in my case, unless you find a person that knows all of your weaknesses and still loves you.

---
Mrs. Vieira

No comments:

Post a Comment